Home Buyers Guide:
Our mission is to help an increasing number of first time buyers get on the property ladder through our rent-to-buy Home Ownership Scheme. The scheme enables tenant-buyers build as much equity as they can afford over the number of years that the agreed purchase price of their home is fixed.
We have designed our Home Ownership Scheme to be fast and simple so that tenant-buyers can get on the property ladder within a week or two.
Home Ownership Process:
1. If after viewing a property you decide to buy it, you will need to fill an application form and pay a Holding Deposit of £350 (which forms part of your first month rent). All adults who will be living in the property must sign the application form and return it along with the following documents:
- – Right to rent document. e.g biometric residents permit or valid passport
- – Proof of residence e.g. bank or credit card statement, utility bill i.e. water, gas, electric or telephone bill issued within the last three months [Copies will be taken] No mobile phone or Council tax bill. [Please note; we will need to see the originals of the documents during check-in before we can hand over the keys to the property to you]
2. When we receive your application, we will issue you the Heads of Terms, [HOT] which is a draft of the agreement that will grant you the right to buy your home.
3. Once we get satisfactory references and credit checks on all applicants, you pay the balance of your first month rent and £1,500 down payment then you move into your new home.
4. You keep paying the agreed monthly rent as and when due and accruing monthly credits that goes towards payment for your home.
5. Six months to the end of your home ownership scheme, you begin your mortgage application process. We can link you with qualified, independent mortgage brokers who can help you with your mortgage application.
6. You get your mortgage and complete on the purchase of your sMighty assisted home. Congratulations, you are now a proud homeowner.
What’s not to like